[Mailman-i18n] Subject lines in Archives

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:26:48 -0500

    >> Is this a known bug/work in progress, or is there something I
    >> can change to fix it?

    MvL> It's a known bug; please see

    MvL> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=510415&group_id=103&atid=300103

    MvL> for a patch. I'd appreciate if you could comment on the patch
    MvL> on whether it works for you. Notice that you might have to
    MvL> regenerate the archive index.

Martin,

Thanks, this patch applies cleanly to MM2.1 cvs, so I would like to
get some feedback from you folks as to whether I should commit this.
I'm currently in the process of running these changes over a capture
of the python-list mbox file, but if anybody's got a better (read:
smaller :) sample mbox -- with lots of funky charset combinations -- I
could test this on, I'd appreciate it.

    BG> Also, what do you do to map charsets to Python Unicode codecs?
    BG> They're not one-to-one; for example, ISO-2022-JP goes to
    BG> japanese.iso-2022-jp.

    MvL> That is actually a bug in the Japanese codecs package; it
    MvL> ought to register a lookup function, instead of relying on
    MvL> the default lookup function. If that bug is not fixed,
    MvL> modifying codecs.encodings.aliases.aliases might be
    MvL> appropriate.

Is there some fix we need to get applied to the Japanese codecs found
at:

    http://pseudo.grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/~kajiyama/python/

I'm sure Tamito KAJIYAMA would be open to suggestions.  Otherwise, let
me know what I'd need to add to MM's copy of the Japanese codecs
package.

-Barry