[Mailman-i18n] Automatic translation between GB and BIG5 code

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:16:41 +0200 (MEST)

> However, I've had trouble running it through msgfmt.  See the errors
> below.  If anybody can lend assistance, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

I could not get this file to work with OLD_PO_FILE_INPUT. Instead, it
seems that you need a Big5 reader (i.e. mbstowc and friends). Glibc
2.2 has such support in /usr/lib/gconv/BIG5.so. With that, I only get

mailman.po:234: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
mailman.po:597: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
mailman.po:625: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
mailman.po:812: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
mailman.po:1195: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
mailman.po:1424: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
mailman.po:1664: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
found 7 fatal errors

All these seem to be genuine errors. Yet, msgfmt will still produce a
binary catalog; I'll send it in a separate attachment.

I would consider it as a bug in msgfmt that it cannot format the file
without proper gconv support. Bruno, would you like to have a look at
the input file?

Regards,
Martin