[Mailman-i18n] Internationalized Mailman

Alain Schroeder alain@mini.gt.owl.de
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:37:41 +0200

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 03:06:42PM +0200, Victoriano Giralt wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> Sorry for the delay, but I've been learning new tricks (a difficult task
> for an old dog, you know :).
>=20
> The proposed road has already been taken using standard GNU tools, and we
> have arrived at a nice destination: a working internationalized version of
> Mailman 1.2 that we have had to put into production for political reasons.
>=20
> Barry Warsaw has given us homework to do so we can get a 2.1
> internationalized Mailman as soon as 2.0 is out. We are slowly starting to
> do them, so any help would be very much appreciated.
>=20
> I think we should coordinate the efforts to avoid reinventing the wheel.
>=20
What we need is a gettext (at least alike) function. When we got that,
n=B2 people can edit one of the executables und voila, we have a i18n=B4ed
version. Then we can start to translate. (I am overlooking something,
don=B4t I - it can=B4t be that easy)
And I would suggest, that we have one subdirectory per language for all=20
the templates.

So what am I missing?

	Bye,
	  - -- Alain -- -

=B2 n =3D number of files which are executable.

--=20
"Titanic 12 ... Hindenburg Zeppelin 37 ... Microsoft Windows 98"

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG--