[Mailman-Developers] GSoC project - Implement module to process ARC headers

Aditya Divekar adityadivekar03 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 12:49:48 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>
wrote:

> Ah, that's a problem.  I don't have control of the DNS yet.  We'd need
> to interact with Mark.

So should a new conversation be started with Mark for
our request?

> I'll get you on the
> arc-interop list, there should be another one in the summer at the
> pace they've been going.

Okay!

> Not really.  Keywords that might be useful aside from ARC, DKIM, and
> DMARC: mail, post, verify, track, key, sign, identity.
>
> Ah -- one brainstorm -- kimpy = "key identified mail.py".

That sounds good! The `mail` keyword gave an idea - `emailauthentication`

As far as words go, you could just keep dkimpy, too, since ARC depends
> on domain keys for its semantics, as well as on DKIM for its signing
> protocol.  "adkimpy"?  Lots of double meanings there: Aditya, ARC,
> augmented, domain, divikar. :-)

Hahaha! In case we choose that, that can be our inside joke.

Narrowing it down, we have the options -
dkimpy, kimpy, adkimpy ( meaning augmented/arc - domain ;) ),
emailauthentication, and any others with keywords you specified.

> I was surprised by the news, but Google also chose dkimpy for its
> implementation of ARC.  I haven't had time to look at it, but maybe
> early next week (not publicly licensed, sorry, no URL).

I had read on the arc list that an OpenARC implementation was being
developed
by Murray Kucherawy.
So I suppose that we may have the news of it being released on the list
soon.

Aditya