[Mailman-Developers] GSoC project - Implement module to process ARC headers

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Jun 18 06:38:07 EDT 2016

Aditya Divekar writes:

 > So if we have a domain name associated with the ip, I'll go ahead
 > and make the TXT records. Else, we'll have to create a new one.
 > I'm not aware of any way to avoid this. Let me know if you are
 > aware of any :)

Ah, that's a problem.  I don't have control of the DNS yet.  We'd need
to interact with Mark.  Anyway it's too late for this one, there were
procedures to be taken earlier in the week.  I'll get you on the
arc-interop list, there should be another one in the summer at the
pace they've been going.

 > Yes, I went ahead and made the changes.

Good!

 > I have a separate module 'arcpy' installed in my python
 > dist-packages now which is basically the refactored 'dkimpy'
 > package. I don't think its the best of names since it doesn't give
 > the idea of presence of DKIM signing/verifying features.  Any ideas
 > for the same?

Not really.  Keywords that might be useful aside from ARC, DKIM, and
DMARC: mail, post, verify, track, key, sign, identity.

Ah -- one brainstorm -- kimpy = "key identified mail.py".

As far as words go, you could just keep dkimpy, too, since ARC depends
on domain keys for its semantics, as well as on DKIM for its signing
protocol.  "adkimpy"?  Lots of double meanings there: Aditya, ARC,
augmented, domain, divikar. :-)

I was surprised by the news, but Google also chose dkimpy for its
implementation of ARC.  I haven't had time to look at it, but maybe
early next week (not publicly licensed, sorry, no URL).

Steve