[Mailman-Developers] GSoC project - Implement module to process ARC headers

Aditya Divekar adityadivekar03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 00:01:04 EDT 2016

> I don't understand what you're worried about.  Of course if you change
> all the names, especially with some sort of automatic process, there's
> a pretty good chance of introducing typos.  We fix them as we find
> them, that's all.

Yes, I went ahead and made the changes. I have a separate module
'arcpy' installed in my python dist-packages now which is basically the
refactored 'dkimpy' package. I don't think its the best of names since it
doesn't
give the idea of presence of DKIM signing/verifying features.
Any ideas for the same?

I have a server with a fixed IP which could just pipe mail to a Python
> script that reads it and passes the message to the ARC module for
> processing.  Then the script can send it back out if necessary.

That should work for us!
Also we would need to have a DMARC and DKIM record set up though for the
signing domain. The procedures for that are easy, and are outlined in
detail on the net.
So if we have a domain name associated with the ip, I'll go ahead and make
the TXT
records. Else, we'll have to create a new one.
I'm not aware of any way to avoid this. Let me know if you are aware of any
:)

Aditya