[Mailman-Developers] GSoC project - Implement module to process ARC headers

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Jun 19 04:36:50 EDT 2016

Aditya Divekar writes:

 > So should a new conversation be started with Mark for
 > our request?

I/we need to find out exactly what we need.  We may want to do this
through email-test.python.org (no-existent, for example, python.org is
the relevant part, or maybe a private domain of someone's), but we
have to be careful that it doesn't conflict with other uses.

 > That sounds good! The `mail` keyword gave an idea -
 > `emailauthentication`

I think that would need to be shortened, but mailauth would work and
has a good rhythm. :-)  Of course it may be "taken".

 > I had read on the arc list that an OpenARC implementation was being
 > developed by Murray Kucherawy.  So I suppose that we may have the
 > news of it being released on the list soon.

Yes, but Murray's OpenDKIM is a C library, and I expect OpenArc is
too.  I don't think we should be using a C library because we're not
an MTA, and I suspect it will be making assumptions (eg, availability
of SPF) that we shouldn't.

In any case, the more independent implementations the better.

Steve