[Mailman-Developers] Why is postorius using python2?

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Mon Aug 3 14:34:26 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I just downloaded the mailman3 code to see if I can contribute anything.
I was astonished to find out that postorius still uses python2
although mailman made the switch to python3.
Is there any reason behind this?
I asked on the irc channel but got no answer so I'm trying here.

I used 2to3 on the code and successfully executed the code.

I executed the tests, and ran into some errors.
If this work is going to be included sometime,
I'm willing to investigate and try to fix these errors.

Simon