[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Suite beta: what's left?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Oct 30 06:07:32 CET 2013

Terri Oda writes:

 > I know we had a list of 5 things... but for some reason I can't
 > remember all of them.  Florian, Stephen, can you chime in?

I don't recall, but I think finishing HyperKitty was one of them.
AFAIK it doesn't work as advertised now (at least that's what Shanu
told me in her work on a unified "Messaging Interface" for Systers).
The documentation is *definitely wrong* in places.

I also wanted a single checkout solution for for the whole suite for
*developers*.  That makes 5, but I don't know if that's the 5 you had
in mind. :-)

 > 1. Need a Postorius interface for associating multiple email addresses
 > with a single account.  This is probably going to require either an
 > email verification, so we might want to have that as part Mailman Core
 > rather than doing it directly in Postorius.

AFAIK Mailman core already knows how to do this.  It's just a question
of how to access and display it in Postorius.  (Barry?)

 > 2. Postorius & Hyperkitty need a bit more work on the authentication
 > management.  Florian indicated that he's looking for some code review

OK.

 > 3. We need some nice install scripts or packaging work

Yup.