[Mailman-Developers] Interested in GSoC 2013

Manish Gill mgill25 at outlook.com
Wed Mar 20 13:36:05 CET 2013

Hello.

I'm interested in Participating in Google Summer of Code 2013 and have
been searching for good projects in Python. Thought I'd drop by and
introduce myself. :)

I'm a 22 years old CS student, and have worked been working in Python
for the past year or so, primarily web stuff in Flask/Django.

2 projects in particular caught my eye and I hope to work on either one
of them with Mailman this summer. :)

- The first is the Alternative authentication possibilities - as I've
worked on OAuth integration with Facebook/Twitter in a few Flask
applications.

- The second is the Anti-spam/anti-abuse in Mailman - I admit I don't
know much about how anti-spam techniques work, but that's preciously why
I'm interested in working on this one, so I can learn new things. :)

I've set up a basic virtualenv with Mailman and will be going through
the code in the next few days (lots of code!).

Thanks!