[Mailman-Developers] HyperKitty : VCS change

Aurelien Bompard aurelien at bompard.org
Wed Jan 9 15:46:18 CET 2013

Hello Mailmaners,

The HyperKitty project was historically using Bazaar as it VCS, and
was hosted on fedorahosted.org. An essential component was split off
(KittyStore), which was initially source-controlled with Git and
hosted on Github.
I'm trying to bring back some coherence into this, and considering
switching all the components to Git on fedorahosted.org.
The reason for this choice is that me and the other two most frequent
contributors are much more skilled with git than with bzr.

We're concerned however by the uncomfortableness it may cause you, the
Mailman community, if/when you want to contribute to HyperKitty.
Barry, Terry, Florian, would that be a problem ? Others ?
Of course I'm ready to merge patches sent by email or bugtracker, but
that's a little more friction.

It's not a "speak now or forever hold your peace" moment, but this
unnecessary complexity is tiring day-to-day, so I'd rather sort that
out quickly-ish.

Thanks !

Aurélien