[Mailman-Developers] (no subject)

Sandesh Agrawal sakuag333 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:29:13 CET 2013

>>Might be, self._lmtp is creating new lmtp instance each time it
>>executes sendmail( ) , or is there something else ?
>
> I don't think it does.  My first guess is that there's an exception getting
> masked.

I tried ./bin/test along with -e option , and did not see any of the
exceptions being masked in lmtp runner process.

>def test_function(self):
>    self._lmtp.sendmail(.........)
>    messages = get_queue_messages('in')
>    self.assertEqual(len(messages), 1)
>
>    self._lmtp.sendmail(.........)
>    messages = get_queue_messages('in')
>    self.assertEqual(len(messages), 1)

I tried verifying the header of both the messages using
self.assertEqual(messages[0].msg['Message-ID'],
                         '<message_header>')
and found out that both the messages sent from the test_func(self) are
being recieved by the lmtp runner, but at any moment of time, there is
only one message in the queue that is the latest one received.

I tried sending multiple message by attaching smtplib.LMTP() instance
to the lmtp runner and was successful, as there were multiple messages
that i sent were present in the queue.
But doing the same thing in test_func() leads to only the latest
message being left in the queue thus showing len(messages)=1 always.

I have fixed the bug regarding lmtp runner should reject messages with
duplcate Message-ID, and just want to write a test for it by sending
two messages with same ID.

Cheers,
Sandesh