[Mailman-Developers] Query regarding GSoC project

Adwait Sharma sharma.adwait at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:21:13 CEST 2013

Hello !

By way of introduction I am *Adwait Sharma,* a final year computer science
undergraduate from Bangalore, India who code a lot specially in Python.

The idea I found most interesting in GSoC 2013 is Boilerplate stripper
- http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013#GoogleSummerofCode2013-Boilerplatestripper

I am planning to use regular expressions for this, obviously script will be
in python :)

Even though the project can be finished before the end of GSoC period. I
would like to add *some more features* to it.

1. I am interested in adding Natural Language Processing techniques which
will check for the word (attach, attached, attachment(s)) in the mail and
will cross check if there is any file attached to it. If not, it will come
up with a dialogue box saying, "*you forgot to attach a file*"

2. Apart from this, I would like to work on censorship as well which will
work as a *dirty word filter*.

and many more *Artificial Intelligence tools* in mailman.

About me : I have *4 years* of programming experience in *Python*, using
mailman extensively. I was a speaker at *PyCon India 2012 *
http://in.pycon.org/2012/funnel/pyconindia2012/36-artificial-intelligence-using-python.
I would like to thank PSF for sponsoring me to
*PyCon US 2013* where I took a lightning talk.

I'm hoping to work with Mailman in this year's GSoC as I already have a
experience of AI & NLP and this would serve as an great opportunity and
chance to work with Mailman formally and prove my skills.

I can be reached via email : *sharma(dot)adwait(at)gmail(dot)com*

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Adwait

--
*Adwait Sharma ~NeO~*
Learner | Geek | Hacker | Blogger | Open Source Software Developer

Email: sharma.adwait at gmail.com
Site: http://www.ThePirado.com <http://www.thepirado.com> [image: Blog
RSS]<http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechLounge4u>
Contact <http://www.facebook.com/sharma.adwait>