[Mailman-Developers] add_members and nomail

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Tue Oct 23 08:07:04 CEST 2012

On Oct 22, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 10/20/2012 11:06 AM, Scot Hacker wrote:
>>
>> Here's a simple 2.x diff in case it's useful to anyone:
>> https://gist.github.com/3924229
>

> Thanks.
>
> I'm inclined to implement this for the 2.1 branch, but my taste is to do

Sorry for response delay - no time to learn bazaar and launchpad right now for this, so I appreciate your offer.

> it differently. I would prefer to have a -n|--nomail option which if
> specified would set the added members to nomail by admin, the default in
> the absence of the option being current behavior. Thus, no need for
> --enable-mail=<y|n>.

Absolutely - anything that can be scripted easily would work fine for me, and for others too I imagine.

> Also, If the member to be added is already a member, I wouldn't change
> its delivery option.

Hmm, not sure about that part - my implementation sometimes includes duplicate addresses, relying on the mailman import to weed them out. So I would *prefer* to have the option changed for existing members. But if that doesn't sit well with you, I understand - my script will just have to be smarter about it.

Thanks,
Scot

> Would such an implementation work for you?

> --

Birdhouse web and mail hosting
http://hosting.birdhouse.org
http://about.me/shacker