[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 fresh install - problems from python interpreter

Jessy Kate Schingler jessy at jessykate.com
Mon Jun 11 06:57:23 CEST 2012

hi richard,

Good end-user documentation always seems to be something that gets shorted
> by the developers intimately related to the implementation aspect of the
> code. And, even when they make the effort, I'm not sure that they are the
> most qualified to write that kind of documentation. Someone less involved
> in the implementation often has a better perspective of the end-user needs
> regarding documentation.

indeed, fresh perspectives are fleeting :).

> Since you are working in the Django world, we would hope that you would
> utilize the postorius app, and leverage off of it for your customization.
> By doing so, it will be much easier for you to remain integrated with any
> changes that come down the line.

agreed and i am looking forward to integrating this.

> IMHO, at the moment, the postorius templates can be improved by doing some
> refactoring to keep their functionality in a {% block %} structure that can
> be integrated into another site without having to re-implement entire
> pages. I would like to have you review the present template structure and
> suggest which portions you would utilize as presented and those which ones
> you would prefer to change.

thanks for the pointers and direction. i'll keep this in mind as i begin
working with the code and try to make some useful suggestions (and/or will
send links to any code i factor out myself).

one question i had about the UI - are there plans for including
views/templates for list archives?

thanks,
--
Jessy