[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 fresh install - problems from python interpreter

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Thu Jun 7 19:26:33 CEST 2012

Jessy,

I'm sure that any additions to the documentation will be welcomed.

Good end-user documentation always seems to be something that gets shorted by the developers intimately related to the implementation aspect of the code. And, even when they make the effort, I'm not sure that they are the most qualified to write that kind of documentation. Someone less involved in the implementation often has a better perspective of the end-user needs regarding documentation.

As for your project, we have assumed that the website serving the UI is not the same host as that which hosts the MM core itself. As a result, attempting to use the command line utilities as your access method would not be the best implementation choice. There is a REST interface exposed, and your access should go through that.

Since you are working in the Django world, we would hope that you would utilize the postorius app, and leverage off of it for your customization. By doing so, it will be much easier for you to remain integrated with any changes that come down the line.

IMHO, at the moment, the postorius templates can be improved by doing some refactoring to keep their functionality in a {% block %} structure that can be integrated into another site without having to re-implement entire pages. I would like to have you review the present template structure and suggest which portions you would utilize as presented and those which ones you would prefer to change.

Thanks for your interest,

Richard