[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Wed Jul 11 12:39:02 CEST 2012

Stephen,

I'm not advocating that Postorious be THE keeper of the user information. But it would be a good candidate for the job.

What I am advocating is that the "core" message handler NOT be the keeper of ONLY PART of it.

I am perfectly happy to have the user info handled by an independent stand-alone module which is willing to take responsibility for ALL of the user profile info. It should provide a REST interface that allows other modules the ability perform authentications, manipulate the profile, etc.

Another acceptable methodology would be to store all of the data in a real relational database and allow each of the modules direct access to the database engine.

Richard