[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jul 11 15:14:54 CEST 2012

Richard Wackerbarth writes:

 > What I am advocating is that the "core" message handler NOT be the
 > keeper of ONLY PART of it.

What I'm advocating (mildly, because somebody else is going to have to
do the work) is that the core be the keeper of ALL of it.  The core is
not just a "message handler".  It is also a database, containing both
list information and subscriber information.  Since a minimum of
subscriber information is absolutely essential to the core job, all of
it may as well be in there.  In some configurations we will want the
subscribers to be authenticated, so we may as well keep all such
information in the core's database.

Steve