[Mailman-Developers] Spam/Scam button

Dale Newfield Dale at Newfield.org
Wed Dec 14 05:11:45 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:38:46 -0600 "Brad Knowles"
<brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
>	Where would this button exist?  Who would use it, and how?

That is the clearest part of the suggestion.  This would be yet another
option in moderation.  Now "discard" would have a sibling "discard and
report as spam."  Whether that option shows up and what "report" means
would have to be configured by either a the site admin or maybe a list
admin.  There are a number of reasonable options corresponding with the
various spam tools out there, but they all pretty much boil down to
"forward it to a pre-specified email address."  Not only is this suggestion
appropriate for this list, but I also think I recall a previous discussion
where the idea was hashed out.  I would be willing to bet there's a patch
to implement it, because I think the result of the previous discussion was:
"Good idea, but too big a new feature for a patch-level release.  Provide a
patch and people that want it can use it."

-Dale Newfield
 Dale at Newfield.org