[Mailman-Developers] Re: Feature Request: Jerk Mode

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Sat May 8 16:35:49 EDT 2004

Bill Moseley wrote:

> I'd like a subscription mode where someone will receive all messages,
> but when they post their message is only delivered back to them.

I'm on 2.1.4 and using the "moderate on subscription" ... thus new
subscribers are moderated initially ... but once they post a good
message, I remove the moderation flag.

I had a idiot subscribe to the list, post a advertisement (which isn't
allowed) and then unsubscribe.

The 'initial moderation' feature works well for this.  Since only a
handful of folks on my list actually post, it's not a big chore to
manually approve the first post.

david

--
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have

- George Bernard Shaw