[Mailman-Developers] Maybe you guys can help me

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue May 4 14:17:14 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 13:42, Paul Tomblin wrote:

> The code is already a nest of special cases.  It won't hurt the pristine
> nature of the perfect code to add a small check and NOT mishandle one
> thing that is erroneously treated as a bounce.  Especially since it
> appears that somebody already added something to the API to allow warnings
> to be silently ignored.

Actually, it may, so if you decide to code it up (and it /definitely/
ain't gonna happen if you don't), you need to be careful.  If your
change catches something or reports a false-positive or false-negative,
it could cause other bounce processors to miss the message.

I wish the bounce processors had a better test suite, but you can (and
should) add your additions to tests/test_bounces.py and make sure
everything there still passes.