[Mailman-Developers] Bug priorities (for 2.1.3)?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 2 11:53:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:50:16AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 03:22, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Please understand that I no longer get to work on Mailman as
> part of my day job, so I fit it in between everything else that's going
> on.  More than anything else, that drives what gets into patch releases
> and what doesn't.

That is very understandable.

I didn't know that your situation has changed in that regard.
Maybe it should be noted more clearly on the Mailman and your
personal pages. Somebody could get the impression that it is your
job to do Mailman from your personal page.

> As I've mentioned before, I would like to find more time to work on the
> new version (be that 2.2 or 3.0 or both).  I would love to find some one
> or a small group of people who would be willing and able to more or less
> own the 2.1 maintenance branch.

That should also be annouced more clearly I believe,
maybe somebody will come up then.
As time tells I've done my small bit to help Mailman development,
but naturally I'm in no position to take over the stable maintenance.

> > * What attributes do bugs need to get into the next release
> >   when a fix is available. As announced on the 14th of August to this
> >   list I fixed a priority 7 bug and did not receive feedback on it.
> >   Is there a special reason why it wasn't included in the 2.1.3 release?
>
> Lack of time is the only answer, and it's not a good one.  The deal is
> that there were enough fixes in CVS, and enough time had gone by since
> 2.1.2 that I felt a new release was warranted.

Yes, it is always better to release what you have
as opposed to not release.
I hope that those two bugs are scheduled for the next release
then... :)
	Bernhard