[Mailman-Developers] Bug priorities (for 2.1.3)?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Oct 2 07:50:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 03:22, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Congratulation for getting 2.1.3 out of the door!

Thanks.  Please understand that I no longer get to work on Mailman as
part of my day job, so I fit it in between everything else that's going
on.  More than anything else, that drives what gets into patch releases
and what doesn't.

As I've mentioned before, I would like to find more time to work on the
new version (be that 2.2 or 3.0 or both).  I would love to find some one
or a small group of people who would be willing and able to more or less
own the 2.1 maintenance branch.  Barring that, a rich uncle, winning
lottery ticket, or a slightly nuts VC with bulging pockets who likes to
smoke $100 bills would probably help things too. :)

> * What attributes do bugs need to get into the next release
>   when a fix is available. As announced on the 14th of August to this
>   list I fixed a priority 7 bug and did not receive feedback on it.
>   Is there a special reason why it wasn't included in the 2.1.3 release?

Lack of time is the only answer, and it's not a good one.  The deal is
that there were enough fixes in CVS, and enough time had gone by since
2.1.2 that I felt a new release was warranted.