[Mailman-Developers] problem with 2.1b3+

Stonewall Ballard sb.list@sb.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:28:07 -0400

On 10/2/02 7:25 AM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@python.org> wrote:

> web_page_url isn't configurable through the web in MM2.1 because too
> many people messed up and made their lists unfunctional (screw it up
> and you can't get to your list through the web anymore!).
>
> You ought to be able to do it with config_list, so I'd be interested
> in more information as to why that doesn't work.  But I'd prefer
> fix_url.py instead for this task.
>
> Once you've set up your mm_cfg.py with the new values, including
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS, you can simply run
>
>   % bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname [options]
>
> to switch listname's web_page_url and host_name attributes to their
> new values.  Do
>
>   % bin/fix_url.py
>
> for docstring synopsis.
>
> -Barry

That didn't work for me. I had to go in with "withlist" and manually set the
web_page_url for each list that I moved.

I created a bunch of lists under the domain 'mailman.stonetics.com', since I
had to create them before switching the A-record for
'lists.sudburysavoyards.org' over to the mailman server. I set the host_name
for each of these lists to 'lists.sudburysavoyards.org' on their admin
pages, then added these entries to my mm_cfg.py file, then ran fix_url, but
nothing happened:

add_virtualhost('lists.sb.org', 'lists.sb.org')
add_virtualhost('lists.sudburysavoyards.org', 'lists.sudburysavoyards.org')

They were still showing up on the web at 'mailman.stonetics.com'. Using
withlist manually fixed it, though.

I also noticed that the output file created by config_list has lots of
spurious line breaks about 2/3 of the way through. It looks unparsable.

 - Stoney