[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Python problems, mm 2.1b2, rh71

Dominic Hargreaves dom@earth.li
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:42:58 +0100

[posted to mailman-developers separately because I'm subscribed with a
different address]

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:55:57AM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some problems upgrading from mailman 2.0.11 to 2.1b2.
>
> The setup is redhat 7.1 with the python2 package (python2-2.0-3) installed
> from powertools.

Someone has pointed out to me by private mail that I need python 2.1 [0] to
run mailman 2.1, so it was a mistake on my part not to have read the
requirements carefully enough. However, it's worth pointing out that the
configure script complained when I tried to run it with python 1.5.2, but
not when I ran it with 2.0. Should this be fixed?

Cheers,

Dom.

[0] I said 2.2 in the mail to mailman-users. Need more coffee.