[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Feature Requests-573394 ] separate auto-disable and "nomail" flags

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:47:42 -0700

Feature Requests item #573394, was opened at 2002-06-24 16:47
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=573394&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Currently, Mailman will disable email to accounts (say,
because they bounced too many times) by setting the
"nomail" option. *However*, that option is also used by
users. As a result, I have no way to determine which
subscriptions are old/invalid, and which correspond to
actual users.

It would be nice to record disabling as a separate
field... say, as the date the account was disabled.
Then, I could periodically find all accounts which were
disabled more than a year ago and simply delete them.

Thus, users who temporarily disable mail delivery will
not accidentally have their subscriptions purged :-)