[Mailman-Developers] Importing email 0.96 problem

Colin Mackinlay mailman-list@mackinlay.demon.co.uk
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:13:51 +0000 (GMT)

In <URL:news:local.mailman-d> on Mon 28 Jan, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

[snip]

> Possibly you need the python-devel rpms too?  I think I hit a similar
> issue with StandaloneZODB, which I just released last Friday.  Double
> check that and if that's not it, we can go from there.

[blushes]

email-0.96 straight in! Now that just leaves me withthe main problem
I've been trying to fix - web based approval of list subscription. I
asked this question originally on Mailman-Users before I realised
Developers might be a more appropriate forum.

Of the four options available only one works properly!
Defer:  Fine because this is the default and nothing happens
Approve: No message sent and not added to members list. DB is said to be
updated but subscriber still appears in list of pending requests.
Reject: Rejection message sent but subscriber remains in list of pending
requests
Discard: Subscriber remains in list of pending requests

There is no error reported and Ican't see anything in the logs to help
track down the problem. Is there another level of logging I could turn
on?

I received this reply from Jon Carnes on Mailman-Users:

> From: Jon Carnes <jonc@haht.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] 2.1a4 Approving users not working
> To: mailman <mailman@mackinlay.demon.co.uk>, mailman-users@python.org
>
> I believe that this is a browser specific problem.
> When I have seen this problem, it is always with IE 6.0 (or now that folks
> had to up-date, with 5.5 as well).
>
> If that is the case, then add the site as "trusted" to your browser.  After
> that, it will act properly.
>
> BTW: I use Mandrake 8.1 and have to use Netscape for approvals, Konqueror
> has a problem in handling the page.  Perhaps its the same problem that
> converting the site to "trusted" fixes for IE.

The problem manifests itself with IE6 and on RISCOS with Fresco and
Oregano. I haven't tried netscape yet.

--
Colin Mackinlay