[Mailman-Developers] Anti-spam "killer app"?

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:17:59 -0700

At 13:10 -0700 8/16/2002, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>Take a look at this --
>
><http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html>
>
>It's a new technique for identifying spam. The more I look into the details,
>the more I think we have the "anti-spam killer app", becaues it tunes itself
>to the individual (or site), adapts as the anti-spammers adapt, and the
>technique used is fairly easy to implement and damn difficult for a spammer
>to avoid....
>
>Damn, I wish I'd thought of this.

Me, too.  ;-)

I find it fascinating that the last URL reference at the bottom (yes, I
read that far) is to the page at Apple's site describing the filtering in
Apple's revised Mail.app in Mac OS X 10.2.

I think the idea has a lot of promise.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA