[Mailman-Developers] SF bug report #223533

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:58:50 -0500

    AP> Another possibility would be to propose a revision to the
    AP> RFC's that adds a header just for list messages.  Then, at
    AP> least you would have the force of an RFC behind you if people
    AP> complain about another header.  As a bonus, you would save
    AP> other list software from making this mistake.

Perhaps, but I see getting an RFC revised or written as a long-term
project.  What are we going to do for MM2.1?  And by thinking it
through and er, creatively interpreting the existing RFCs, I believe
we can establish some useful standard practice, that may eventually
end up in a revised RFC.

So, to summarize, my proposal is:

  both postings and admin messages.

- List-Help:, List-Subscribe:, List-Unsubscribe:, and List-Post: are
  added only to postings.  (Oh, and optionally List-Archive:).

-Barry