[Mailman-Developers] 2.0.x qrunner bug (bad one)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:22:08 -0800

On 4/2/02 2:05 PM, "Norbert Bollow" <nb@thinkcoach.com> wrote:

> At the same time, if 2.0.9 is rolled out anyway, I'd suggest
> to put in that little patch to insert a Date: header.

The other thing I've noticed about qrunner is it doesn't reap it's children
reliably (or at all, I'm not sure). So if you have a busy mailman system, it
tends to collect zombie processes. This could create resource issues for
some sites that are living a bit on the edge. And once qrunner exits, they
all magically disappear... If we're rolling changes into 2.0.9, here's
another one that ought to be considered, although again, it's mostly a big/b
usy system issue.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

IMHO: Jargon. Acronym for In My Humble Opinion. Used to flag as an opinion
something that is clearly from context an opinion to everyone except the
mentally dense. Opinions flagged by IMHO are actually rarely humble. IMHO.
    (source: third unabridged dictionary of chuqui-isms).