[Mailman-Developers] 2.0.x qrunner bug (bad one)

Norbert Bollow nb@thinkcoach.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:05:28 +0200

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

> The problem is when "wrapper post" is writing into qfile at the same time
> qrunner is processing and deleting.
[..]
> Normally, I'd say "on to 2.1", but since this is a fairly serious "silent
> data loss" bug AND the fix is trivial, I think it might make sense to patch
> this and roll 2.0.9.

I think that like security bugs, potential data loss bugs also
justify a bugfix maintenance release.

At the same time, if 2.0.9 is rolled out anyway, I'd suggest
to put in that little patch to insert a Date: header.  (You
see the missing Date: header bug only if you run a MTA like
Qmail which doesn't add missing Date: headers on its own.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com