[Mailman-Developers] 2.0.x qrunner bug (bad one)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 18:46:53 -0500

    CVR> The other thing I've noticed about qrunner is it doesn't reap
    CVR> it's children reliably (or at all, I'm not sure). So if you
    CVR> have a busy mailman system, it tends to collect zombie
    CVR> processes. This could create resource issues for some sites
    CVR> that are living a bit on the edge. And once qrunner exits,
    CVR> they all magically disappear... If we're rolling changes into
    CVR> 2.0.9, here's another one that ought to be considered,
    CVR> although again, it's mostly a big/b usy system issue.

But there shouldn't /be/ any children.  The only code that calls
fork() in 2.0.x is the mail->news gateway (ignore the test code in
LockFile.py).  Are you running any gated lists Chuq?

-Barry