[Mailman-Developers] Feature request

Steve NiLR3M@yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:44:59 -0700

Hello all,

Great job you guys!!  Ever since I test use it, I love it, and been using it
ever since.

I was just wondering if you guru can add one more action button to the menu
of "Posting Held for Approval"?  This selection button is called
"Ban/Spammers"  The reason of doing is because I've been setting up my
postmaster email to go through mailman.  It traps most of the email in there
for me to decide whether to defer, approve, reject, or discard it later
whenever I have time to skim through the subject line. I don't want to
choose reject because they (evil spammers) will know someone actually read
it which server their purpose of spamming already.  So most of the time, I
choose discard but that does not stop mailman from recieving more mail from
the same user@host address.  So I thought it would be nice if mailman has a
"ban" button where it add the user@host to the ban list so that next time
when it recieves it again, it just automatically delete it for me.  Perhaps
the implementation of this should keep the ban list in a file??? so that in
the far future, someone will write an interface for sendmail to read off it
as part of its secondary blacklist besides the international one.  Once
every month, I will manually review this file to see which @host appears the
most so that I can then manually decide whether or not to completely add it
to the deny list in sendmail.   What do you guys think about this?  Thanx.

Steve