[Mailman-Developers] Re: Reply-To: handling

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:23:07 -0400

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 05:59:37PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> Jay's using a truly old version of mutt, so I'm going to jump in here.

Thanks, David.

> Mutt 1.3.23, the current development version (and 1.4 beta) creates
> replies only to the *first* address in a multi-reply-to message. It
> does permit sending such messages, though, so internally it minimally
> supports the multi-address syntax. (The reply-to element of the header
> structure indeed is of the same multi-address form as other address
> headers, so fixing this would be just a change to the code that
> generates draft forms for replies.)

I concur, and I also believe that the change should be made.  It's been
long enough since I was on the devel list that Matt was still running
things (obviously); do you think the new maintainer would be
receptive...?

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet: it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me