[Mailman-Developers] Feature request

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:31:32 -0400

    S> Great job you guys!!  Ever since I test use it, I love it, and
    S> been using it ever since.

Great!

    S> I was just wondering if you guru can add one more action button
    S> to the menu of "Posting Held for Approval"?

I have plans after 2.1alpha3 to hook up the admindb pages to the new
sender-centric moderation variables.  The idea is that you could sort
the held messages by sender, and then on the sender-held page do a
mass discard as well as add the user (via a "Ban" button) to
automatically add that address to the auto-discard list.

    S> Perhaps the implementation of this should keep the ban
    S> list in a file??? so that in the far future, someone will write
    S> an interface for sendmail to read off it as part of its
    S> secondary blacklist besides the international one.  Once every
    S> month, I will manually review this file to see which @host
    S> appears the most so that I can then manually decide whether or
    S> not to completely add it to the deny list in sendmail.  What do
    S> you guys think about this?  Thanx.

It's an interesting idea, but I doubt I'll implement this.  It
wouldn't be hard to do though, if someone wants to work out and
contribute such code.

-Barry