[Mailman-Developers] handling duplicate mails

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:33:44 -0700

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:40:31AM +0800, Mark Tearle wrote:
> Mine attacks the problem by enabling lists to be set up which
> can pull there membership in from other lists.
> (ie at the who is on the list stage of the pipeline)

I looked at your patch closer and you're right. Sorry for the
misunderstanding.

> Ben's attacks the problem by ensuring that an individual only
> gets delivered one copy of an email (based on the message ID)
> (ie at the delivery stage)

This is indeed what I need.
(it apparently also notices that you are Cced in a mail and doesn't send the
post copy to you)

> What problem are you trying to tackle?

People  who are  trying  to set  reply-to munging  because  they don't  want
receipients to receive  two copies of the posts. While the  solution is bad,
the initial need is real.
(well, there  is also that part  about "reply to all"  being apparently much
harder to use than "reply", but I tend to dismiss that)

> PS.  Marc, coming to LCA 2002?  http://www.linux.org.au/conf/

I submitted 5 or 6 papers. Hopefully they'll pick one up :-)

Marc