[Mailman-Developers] Re: handling duplicate mails

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:37:46 -0500

On 2001.10.16, in <20011016083343.F8534@magic.merlins.org>,
	"Marc MERLIN" <marc_news@valinux.com> wrote:
> > Ben's attacks the problem by ensuring that an individual only
> > gets delivered one copy of an email (based on the message ID)
> > (ie at the delivery stage)
>
> This is indeed what I need.
> (it apparently also notices that you are Cced in a mail and doesn't send the
> post copy to you)

Please, no. If a message goes to a list, I want to receive it from the
list. That's critical to local archiving, and it has some effect on how
a recipient perceives the message itself. I'd rather not get the direct
cc:, actually, though of course there's no way for Mailman to affect
that.

--
 -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago