[Mailman-Developers] handling duplicate mails

Mark Tearle mtearle@tearle.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:40:31 +0800 (WST)

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> There were two patches sent here, by Ben Gertzfield and Mark Tearle.
>
> Was one of the two integrated in mailman CVS?
>
> If not, any recommendations on which one I should look at today and Barry,
> if you're reading, whether you're planning to put one in for 2.1 or if this
> will wait for a later release?
>
> Thanks
> Marc

Hi Marc

Our patches tackle the duplicate mail problem in different ways.

Mine attacks the problem by enabling lists to be set up which
can pull there membership in from other lists.
(ie at the who is on the list stage of the pipeline)

Ben's attacks the problem by ensuring that an individual only
gets delivered one copy of an email (based on the message ID)
(ie at the delivery stage)

What problem are you trying to tackle?

Yours
Mark
PS.  Marc, coming to LCA 2002?  http://www.linux.org.au/conf/
--
Mark Tearle - mark@tearle.com

"Confucius say: if you think we're going to sum up your whole life on
 this little bit of paper, you're are crazy." -- fortune cookie