[Mailman-Developers] handle_opts.py

donal.hunt2@mail.dcu.ie donal.hunt2@mail.dcu.ie
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:36:56 +0100

Hi there,

I'm currently messing about with adding some LDAP functionality to mailman
and need a kick in the right direction.

I'm working with Mailman-2.0.2 (don't ask!!), and have modified handle_opts.py
to not mail out a password if the user is stored in LDAP (this is if the
user clicks the "email me my password" button on the subscription page).
 I've tried to compile the code so that I get a handle_opts binary, but
everytime i compile it the added functionality doesn't appear.

I'm compiling by doing a make in the mailman-2.0.2 folder (ie the root of
the source) and the binary ends up in mailman-2.0.2/src. i'm *not* doing
a make install - don't want the installation overwritten just yet!

Is there a quicker and easier way to recompile the handle_opts binary and
any ideas why the functionality i'm adding isn't appearing after compilation...

Know you're probably real busy with the 2.1 alpha Barry, so i'm cc-ing to
the list too.

Thanks in advance

Donal