[Mailman-Developers] SPAM filtering problem

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:05:49 -0400

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 06:03:17PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     JRA> Is that VERP?  Or something similar?
>
> It's not technically VERP unless that's short for Very Easy
> Regular-delivery Personalization :).  There's no cooperation from the
> MTA -- its all done in Mailman.

I don't recall that VERP requires cooperation from the MTA, either,
does it?  it's just customization of the From_ line to match the
message.

>     JRA> VERP looks spiffy, if you have the horsepower and
>     JRA> bandwidth...
>
> Indeed.  There may be opportunities for improving performance w/ some
> cooperation from the MTA, but I'm not thinking about that for now.
> Also, right now digests can't be personalized.

Indeed?

Cheers,
-- jra

   "So easy to use, no wonder the Internet is going to hell!"
     -- me