[Mailman-Developers] SPAM filtering problem

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:03:17 -0400

    JRA> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 05:12:53PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw
    JRA> wrote:
    >> Now, /this/ will be possible in Mailman 2.1, at least for
    >> regular deliveries.  If the site administrator enables it, a
    >> Mailman list can be set up to `personalize' regular deliveries.
    >> Mailman will let you put some personal information in the
    >> header and footers, and (in a few moments :) it will set the
    >> To: field to the recipient.

    JRA> Is that VERP?  Or something similar?

It's not technically VERP unless that's short for Very Easy
Regular-delivery Personalization :).  There's no cooperation from the
MTA -- its all done in Mailman.

    JRA> VERP looks spiffy, if you have the horsepower and
    JRA> bandwidth...

Indeed.  There may be opportunities for improving performance w/ some
cooperation from the MTA, but I'm not thinking about that for now.
Also, right now digests can't be personalized.

-Barry