[Mailman-Developers] SPAM filtering problem

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:00:19 -0400

    JRA> I don't recall that VERP requires cooperation from the MTA,
    JRA> either, does it?  it's just customization of the From_ line
    JRA> to match the message.

VERP according to DJB[*] means varying the envelope sender so that
bounces will be guaranteed to include the intended recipient's address
unambiguously.  You need cooperation from the MTA so that it will
accept wildcard recipients.  Most do, but you'd have to configure it
in and have something in Mailman to receive and decipher the bounces.
I may still add this side of things to MM2.1.

    >>  Indeed.  There may be opportunities for improving performance
    >> w/ some cooperation from the MTA, but I'm not thinking about
    >> that for now.  Also, right now digests can't be personalized.

    JRA> Indeed?

Yeah, just because the code in ToDigest.py is not structured to
support it easily. :(

-Barry

[*] http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt