[Mailman-Developers] Re: Starting mailmanctl

Ousmane Wilane wilane@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:01:24 +0000

    JCL> This is not true for Debian, and other .deb based Linux
    JCL> distributions.  Its also not true for Solaris, HP-UX, AIX,
    JCL> and several other commercial *ixes.
Right! (In fact I don't remember my post allegating the contrary :)

    JCL> chkconfig under IRIX works considerably differently in regard
    JCL> to how it controls RC files.  In fact the Linux chkconfig
    JCL> tool is inspired by the IRIX chkconfig, but only bears
    JCL> minimal similarity to it.
100% agreed also!

    JCL> This is not to say that chkconfig-style comments shouldn't be
    JCL> embedded in the init script, just that depending on those
    JCL> supports is likely not wise.
Depending on it? Hell NO!
But why don't we make things work under most sys
(even the worse) using there tools?
What I would like to know is: What do we break adding
chkconfig style comment to the init file, perhaps I'm missing
spmething?
And to make the point clear, I'm definitely not one
of the chkconfig's fan.

Cheers

-- Ousmane Wilane (http://purl.org/NET/WILANE)
   Libérez Dimitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org