[Mailman-Developers] mailman 2.1a2 -- mailmanctl -- memory usage

Simon Atack Simon.Atack@atackscomputers.co.uk
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:53:02 -0000 (GMT)

I have recently installed mailman 2.1a2 on my
test server.  On this there are around a dozen
virtual domains.  I am running exim as MTA.

I have used the examples given with mailman for
exim, the last part with a seperate installation
of mailman for each virtual domain (since several
have lists of the same name).

The problem occurs because running mailmanctl
start once for each domain, runs 7
python ./mailmanctl start that use around 3.4Mb
each.  after several the machine started to use
vast quantities of ram so i didnt upgrade the
rest of the test lists.  Is there any way of
reducing the memory foot print of each of these
runners, or maybe just run 1 instead of 7?

Is it possible to somehow go back to doing it the
old way via a cron job? as the machine didnt have
a problem running these
--
Simon Atack

This email was sent using SquirrelMail.