[Mailman-Developers] Re: Future of pipermail?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:54:23 -0800

At 11:45 PM -0800 11/23/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>True.  As happens I'm more tempted by LDAP.

I tend to think that the mailman <-> authentication interface is
going to be gnarly enough that it'll be a custom API. But I also
think that having PAM and LDAP access to the data will also important
to have for access in other ways -- PAM solves my problem for archive
access in apache wonderfully, and either PAM or LDAP would make it
easier to evolve my web forums into using a sitewide account/password
setup, which is something I really want down the road.

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy