[Mailman-Developers] Re: Future of pipermail?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:36:18 -0800

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:54:23 -0800
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

> At 11:45 PM -0800 11/23/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> True.  As happens I'm more tempted by LDAP.

> I tend to think that the mailman <-> authentication interface is
> going to be gnarly enough that it'll be a custom API. But I also
> think that having PAM and LDAP access to the data will also
> important to have for access in other ways -- PAM solves my
> problem for archive access in apache wonderfully, and either PAM
> or LDAP would make it easier to evolve my web forums into using a
> sitewide account/password setup, which is something I really want
> down the road.

I don't see them as exclusive:

  http://www.padl.com/pam_ldap.html

--<cut>--
The pam_ldap module provides the means for Solaris and Linux
workstations to authenticate against LDAP directories,
and to change their passwords in the directory.
--<cut>--

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/