[Mailman-Developers] Failed authentication

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:12:30 -0500 (EST)

    JCL> Poking around even more:

    |   FieldStorage is blank.  It is not getting the form variable
    | (adminpw) from the login form.  I don't know why.

    JCL>   If I put the PW on the URL ala:

    JCL>     http://server/mailman/admin/listname/?adminpw=password

    JCL>   then everything works just fine up until I try and submit
    JCL> another form.

    JCL> I'm not sure where to go from here.  Barry, got any pointers?

What changed?  Did you upgrade Python, your browser, web server (or
server config), OS, or anything else?  Did you make any changes to
Mailman?  I've never seen this, but it sounds like there is now a
problem somewhere between your server and the Mailman cgi scripts.
I've never seen this happen!

-Barry