[Mailman-Developers] Failed authentication

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 10:43:51 -0800

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:12:30 -0500 (EST)
Barry A Warsaw <bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

JCL> Poking around even more:

> | FieldStorage is blank.  It is not getting the form variable
> | (adminpw) from the login form.  I don't know why.

JCL> If I put the PW on the URL ala:

JCL> http://server/mailman/admin/listname/?adminpw=password

JCL> then everything works just fine up until I try and submit
JCL> another form.

JCL> I'm not sure where to go from here.  Barry, got any pointers?

> What changed?  Did you upgrade Python, your browser, web server
> (or server config), OS, or anything else?  Did you make any
> changes to Mailman?  I've never seen this, but it sounds like
> there is now a problem somewhere between your server and the
> Mailman cgi scripts.  I've never seen this happen!

I installed mod_ssl (from a package) and restarted apache.  I'm
running under *exactly* the same Apache configs as I was before.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu