[Mailman-Developers] Failed authentication

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 02:04:37 -0800

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 01:04:46 -0800
J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 00:44:08 -0800 J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu>
> wrote:

>> I'm suddenly unable to log into the admin interfaces for my
>> lists.  Nothing gets posted to the log files on failed attempts.

>> Poking about in ~/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py around the code:

>> global cgi_data cgi_data = cgi.FieldStorage()

>> AFAICT cgi_data is getting set to an empty dictionary (it doesn't
>> seem to be "None").  Ideas?

> Okay, not examply an empty dictionary (FieldStorage class), but it
> is empty per its own keys() and __len__ method.  However, snooping
> the wire shows the POST with the "adminpw" in it set correctly.

> The apparancy is that for some reason the Cgi module is not
> getting the FORM variables properly.

Poking around even more:

  FieldStorage is blank.  It is not getting the form variable
(adminpw) from the login form.  I don't know why.

  If I put the PW on the URL ala:

    http://server/mailman/admin/listname/?adminpw=password

  then everything works just fine up until I try and submit another
form.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  Barry, got any pointers?

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu