[Mailman-Developers] Failed authentication

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 01:04:46 -0800

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 00:44:08 -0800
J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> I'm suddenly unable to log into the admin interfaces for my lists.
> Nothing gets posted to the log files on failed attempts.

> Poking about in ~/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py around the code:

>         global cgi_data cgi_data = cgi.FieldStorage()

> AFAICT cgi_data is getting set to an empty dictionary (it doesn't
> seem to be "None").  Ideas?

Okay, not examply an empty dictionary (FieldStorage class), but it
is empty per its own keys() and __len__ method.  However, snooping
the wire shows the POST with the "adminpw" in it set correctly.

The apparancy is that for some reason the Cgi module is not getting
the FORM variables properly.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu